Voting is closed, but please take a look at the lovely creations this years contestants have designed!
Extravagant Emu Egg Contest 2003
Special thanks to the Midwest Emu Growers Alliance for sponsoring our Fifth Annual Extravagant Emu Egg Awards!
MEGA is sponsoring this contest to introduce you, the general public, to Egg Art, specifically, with Emu eggs and also to their products. As an incentive to vote, they are offering you an opportunity to win not only 2 oz bottle of Emu oil in each of the five categories that you vote in, but this year they are also giving you a bottle of analgesic and a bar of MEGA's own custom made soap.
1. Only one vote per category. There are five categories and a Best of Show. For Best of Show you must vote for one of the five you have already chosen for first place in their respective categories.
2. Only one vote per person. We will cross check email and street addresses to ensure that no one votes twice. We will delete duplicates.
3. Employees of Emu's Zine, members of MEGA and their
immediate families may NOT vote. (you'd think with our pay scale they'd let us,
5. Winning eggs will be announced in our September/October 2003 issue, winners of drawings will also be announced at that time.
I want to mention a couple of things before we get started - please give the pages time to load - we are talking lots of photos here! Have a pen and paper ready to note your favorite entries, after you reach the last page of eggs, you will find link marked VOTE! which will take you to the voting booth.
Also, and this is very important - many of these eggs are for sale! Visit the different websites! Shop! Sign guest books and tell them that you visited their site because you saw their egg in the contest! Spend money!
Now, on with the show!
5. Pysanky Wax and Dye - an adaptation of Ukrainian Easter Eggs, this section may or may not have emu eggs that have been dyed.